- Wrap the root end in a damp paper towel, then cover loosely with a plastic bag and place in the crisper drawer.
- After cutting what you need, place the root end of a green onion in water and it will regrow! This works 1-2 times.
- Sliced green onions can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Slice and use in stir fries and Mexican dishes. Use additional sliced green onion as garnish.
- Add to omelets or scrambled eggs for extra flavor.
- Saute in olive oil with other vegetables, like sweet corn, peas or asparagus.